Thursday, April 10, 2014

Alicia Breaks Through

Lately, well, I've been a little... lost on what my next step is. I have a fluctuation of many different goals and things I want to do with my life (centered around writing of course). In the past year, I've been trying to weed through what really matters to me and what I can do to accomplish those aspirations. And to be honest, it's hard. I don't have an easy laid-out path that will tell me exactly what my next step is. But that's always why life excites me.


I have opportunity galore.

One of the main reasons I love writing is because it gives me the chance to be many different people and think through many different perspectives. I've always considered myself a jack of all trades, I've always known I have an insatiable curiosity, and I've always had a wide array of varied interests. I want to experience life to the fullest, and for me this is only achievable by doing many things, meeting a variety of characters, and writing.

The most life-altering step I've taken recently is finally accepting that plans have to change. I have to be flexible and roll with the punches. It's a lesson I've had to learn over and over, and I feel like I'm finally at a point in my life where I understand. Life is tough. Nothing worth it ever came easy though.

What I do know is that I have to work everyday to appropriately balance work with writing with experiences. It's a constant struggle, but one I'm going to push myself to accomplish. I don't just want this, I need this. I want to show the world what I'm made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment